1. What the CazooCover Maintenance & Repair Plan provides
The CazooCover Maintenance & Repair Plan (the "Plan") provides a Maintenance Inspection at the start of each one-year period that the Plan lasts, plus connected Maintenance to your vehicle. Full detail is set out in section 6: Our responsibilities under the Plan.
The Periodic Maintenance Inspection must be carried out before our Maintenance and other obligations apply for the year in question.
The Plan is designed to provide Maintenance of those parts not usually covered in the manufacturers standard periodic service schedules and not expected to incur wear and tear in the normal use of the vehicle, therefore giving you extra peace of mind. The parts maintained are detailed in the Maintenance Inspection Checklist.
Maintenance is not included in the circumstances set out in section 10: What the Plan does not provide.
Prior to the start of this plan there is no requirement to validate that previous vehicle service history exists, however following commencement of the plan If you fail to keep the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s servicing requirements, then any repairs required as a result will not be covered under the Plan.
The agreement is limited to the maintenance of each included part, on only one occasion during the period of the agreement. There is however no limit to the number of miles driven throughout the duration of cover under this plan.
The full detail of what the Plan does and doesn’t provide is set out in this document. Please read it carefully to ensure that you understand the details of the Plan and how to use it as set out in section 4: How to use the Plan.
The terms and conditions of this Plan cannot be changed, except with our specific written agreement.
This is a service contract and not an insurance policy.
2. Other ways to receive this Information
3. Provider and Administrator Information
This Plan is provided by The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited (the Provider) Third Floor, St George’s Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, IM1 1EE and this Plan is administered by TWG Services Limited whose registered office address is at TWENTY, Kingston Road, Staines- Upon-Thames, Surrey, TW18 4LG.
In this Plan, "we"/"us"/"our" refers to the Provider and the Administrator for ease of reference. Please use the contact details above should you need to contact us.
4. How to use the Plan
The first inspection will be completed immediately at the start of this Plan and you will be provided with a completed maintenance inspection checklist.
Periodic Inspections and Making a Maintenance Request
If your vehicle requires Maintenance under the Plan, or to arrange your subsequent Periodic Maintenance Inspections, please visit www.rac.co.uk/warrantyclaim to find a local repairer. Do not proceed with Maintenance or repairs until the request has been authorised by us. It is your responsibility to ensure the approved repairer calls us for an authorisation number before any work is started. The repairer must telephone the Administrator on 0330 100 3728 (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm) and obtain a repair request authority number.
On completion of the work, please arrange for us to be sent the repairer’s invoice quoting the Plan number.
The Administrator may;
- Authorise Maintenance or repairs immediately;
- Call for other estimates;
- Nominate another repairer;
- Investigate the Maintenance or repair request further;
- Insist on the use of factory or pattern parts;
- Exchange or remanufactured units;
- Or appoint an independent assessor to inspect the vehicle.
In giving authorisation for Maintenance or repairs, we will assess repair times in line with Autodata (or equivalent industry standard) recommended repair or service times and hourly labour rates at a maximum of £60 per hour (including VAT).
5. Duration of the Plan
The Plan begins from the latter of:
- the date of acceptance of your completed application for the Plan;
- the expiry of the manufacturer's warranty on your vehicle (if applicable); or
- the expiry of your initial CazooCover 90-Day Warranty on your vehicle (if applicable).
The Plan begins and ends on the date shown in the accompanying Schedule above.
6. Our responsibilities under the Plan
We will meet our responsibilities under the Plan within a reasonable time unless it is impossible for us to do this because of circumstances outside our reasonable control. We accept responsibility for the quality of all Periodic Maintenance Inspections and Maintenance and repairs, which are carried out on our behalf under the Plan.
This Plan is for inspecting, maintaining and repairing your vehicle and includes:
Periodic Maintenance Inspection
One Maintenance Inspection of your vehicle at the start of each one-year period that the Plan lasts. Please read the attached Maintenance Inspection Checklist and Included Parts for listed items and full details.
If the Maintenance Inspection reveals a problem, the supplying dealer or an approved repairer may tell you what work is needed which is included under the Maintenance section of the Plan and tell you what other work is required or recommended that is not included under the Maintenance section of the Plan and what it may cost you if you decide to have the work done at your own expense.
Parts, Labour & VAT costs for repairs to maintain your vehicle if an Included Part fails to perform its function up to the repair value shown on your Validation Form.
This Maintenance can take place:
- at the time of your normal servicing of the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations or
- at any other time if an Included Part fails to perform its function
The Maintenance will be limited to labour and parts costs up to the repair value shown on your Schedule for each occasion on which Maintenance is provided.
The agreement is limited to the maintenance of each included part on only one occasion during the period of the agreement.
Please note: the total aggregate claim limit is the purchase price of the vehicle. The agreement is limited to the maintenance of each included part on only one occasion during the period of the agreement.
7. Using Your Vehicle Abroad
Your Plan is valid anywhere in the UK, which includes Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. The plan is also valid whilst your vehicle is outside the United Kingdom for a total of 60 days per annum, as long as you accept the following:
The repair must be carried out in Europe, which means countries who are members of the European Union or EFTA (European Free Trade Association).
We will not pay more than the manufacturer’s list prices for parts and current warranty rates for labour time. Actual repair times will be limited to those defined by Autodata (or equivalent industry standard). Please bear this in mind if you authorise a repair overseas.
- In Europe, you can authorise repair work yourself with payment made directly by yourself.
- Claims requests put to us upon your return will be assessed in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In order to validate your travel outside the UK, we will require a copy of your outbound and return travel tickets for either Eurotunnel or ferry crossings.
- The provider's liability is up to the maximum claim limit (including VAT or the local equivalent).
- The administrator will pay you in pound sterling at the rate of exchange prevailing for the relevant currency at the time of failure, on receipt of a bona ﬁde invoice.
8. Vehicle Replacement / Car Hire
If the Autodata or equivalent recommended repair time exceeds 8 hours and we cannot resolve the matter in any other way, after this period, you can claim for a replacement vehicle for up to 7 days.
If you have a valid claim, you can claim at our discretion up to £50 a day (including VAT but not including petrol and insurance) towards the cost of a replacement vehicle whilst your vehicle is being repaired.
The cost of the car hire must be within the overall claim’s limit and must be of a similar quality and specification to the vehicle being repaired. The hire car must also be arranged through a bona fide rental operator or VAT registered business providing car hire.
You must get telephone approval directly from the Administrator before you use this service, please contact us on 0330 100 3247 (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm).
We will not be liable for any additional costs in respect of:
- any delay the repairer may have waiting for parts or commencing repairs;
- parts transportation; or
- vehicle hire costs incurred awaiting parts transportation.
9. The Included Parts
Please see Schedule 2 for details of Included Parts.
10. What the Plan does not provide
The Plan does not provide Maintenance required due to/or resulting from:
- Not having the vehicle serviced in line with the manufacturer’s servicing recommendations within 1 month or 1,000 miles;
- Lack of normal and proper care in using your vehicle, including the incorrect use of fuel or grade of oil;
- Any act, omission or negligence by you (or any user of your vehicle), which adds to the loss or damage;
- Circumstances where it is reasonable for us to conclude that the need for Maintenance:
- Has been caused by your failure to take preventative steps or notify us after the initial failure of a component;
- Due to parts which are not Included Parts under this Plan;
- Arises from incorrectly fitted parts;
- Arises from the failure of a component identified in the initial Maintenance Inspection.
- Weather conditions, which are the direct cause of the need for Maintenance including water ingress;
- Accidental damage;
- The failure or breakdown of a part which is under any manufacturer’s or supplier’s warranty;
- Any failure of parts which have reached the end of their normal working lives because of age or mileage except as stated in Schedule 2 under Included Parts;
- Any parts which have not actually failed to perform their normal function that are replaced as part of another job, including but not limited to timing belts;
- Exhaust emission MOT failures;
- Repair or replacement of parts not listed in the Included Parts and repair or replacement of parts listed in the Excluded Parts; or
- Any failures which are determined to be as a result of carbon build up.
Maintenance does not include the following:
- Design or existing faults – parts subject to recall by the manufacturer, or failure of parts due to inherent design faults, which existed prior to you purchasing the Plan.
- Dismantling - in the first instance, you will need to pay for the dismantling of the vehicle so that we can check if the problem is included in the Plan. If it is, we will also refund the dismantling costs in line with Autodata.
- Excluded Parts – please see Schedule 3 for full details.
- Vehicles modified other than in accordance with the manufacturer’s original specification, or are raced, rallied, track days (timed or untimed), used in competition, or for hire or reward.
11. General Conditions
Your vehicle supplier will carry out the first Maintenance Inspection before the start of the Plan. However, the vehicle supplier is unable to carry out any subsequent Maintenance inspections, please contact us so we can give you details of our approved repairer on 0330 100 3728 (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm) If your vehicle shows imminent signs of failure of parts or breakdown, do not continue to use it. This may cause greater damage which will not normally be covered by the Maintenance Plan.
12. Cancellations & Refunds
Your Right to Cancel
If you wish to cancel your Plan, please contact Cazoo using the details provided below within 14 days from;
- If you purchased the Plan after delivery or collection of your vehicle, the date of your purchase of the Plan; or
- If you purchased the Plan at the same time as purchasing your vehicle, the date of delivery or collection of your vehicle.
We will return any amount paid in full provided no claims have been made on the Plan during that time.
Partial refunds will only be made outside of the 14-day period if in any 12-month period, no maintenance inspection has taken place and either;
- Your vehicle has been written off and is no longer able to be used, or
- If you become disabled after the start of the Plan which means you are no longer able to drive your vehicle, or
- If you die whilst the Plan is in force and the vehicle is no longer used during the Plan period. In this instance, the refund will be paid to your beneficiary.
If you have been provided the Plan free of charge, no refund will be due. We will cancel the Plan if you fail to provide us with the necessary information or knowingly provide incorrect information which affects our ability to provide a service to you. In such cases no refund will be due (see section 16: Misinformation & Fraud).
13. Transferring your Plan
In some circumstances, if ownership of the vehicle has been transferred, we will transfer the Plan subject to our standard transfer conditions and with an administration fee of £25 applying at the time. To check eligibility and/or to transfer, please contact us on 0330 100 3728 (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm).
14. Queries & Complaints
If you have an enquiry or complaint about your Maintenance Inspection or any repair work carried out on your Vehicle under the Plan, or the sale of this Plan, you should in the first instance contact the vehicle supplier or approved repairer that carried out the Maintenance or inspection.
If you have a complaint about the terms of this Plan, administration or claims handling, you can contact us using the details provided below.
Should you remain dissatisfied after you have made a complaint, we will provide you with details of how you can take any concerns further in our final response letter.
You may contact us at: Customer Relations Team, TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
Telephone: 0330 100 3247 (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm).
Email: [email protected]
15. Applicable Law
The law of England and Wales applies to this Plan and the parties shall submit to the non-exhaustive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
16. Misinformation or Fraud
We work closely and share data with law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies to identify fraud and support prosecution where the appropriate evidence exists. We, and other organisations, may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. It is important that when applying for, renewing or amending this Plan, or making a repair request, you or anyone acting on your behalf must take reasonable care to answer all questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. Failure to do so may affect the validity of your Plan and the repair request.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, then we may;
- not pay for any repairs and cancel your Plan.
- report you to the relevant authorities.
- pass the details to fraud prevention agencies.
- recover any costs we’ve incurred and, if necessary, take any legal action to recover such costs.
17. Data Protection
We are the data controllers of the personal data you provide and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This includes your name as well as your contact details such as physical address, phone number and email address. If you do not provide the personal data required, we may be unable to provide the services contained under the policy. In addition to administration of your Plan and fraud prevention, this may involve sharing your information confidentially with suppliers of products or services (including repairs) engaged by you or by us in the purchase or performance of the policy.
We may also provide by post, email, text or telephone administrative information including expiry/renewal details. We may also provide other information in this way, including marketing about this and other similar products provided by our group of companies, (which includes The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited, TWG Services Limited and London General Insurance Company Limited), but you may contact us at any time to stop receiving any such other information. Your details will not be used for any other marketing purposes. Your personal data will be transferred outside the EU for policy administration. Your personal data will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of EU Data Protection law. Your personal data will be kept for only as long as necessary after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purposes for which it was obtained. You have a number of rights to your data these include: the right to be informed, have access, rectification, receive your data in a transferable format, erasure, restriction of processing and object to how your data is processed.
To obtain a copy of your personal data held by us, for more information on the rights to your data or to exercise one of your data rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer or see our website for more details: https://www.assurant.co.uk/consumer-privacy-policy.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via our Customer Relations Team.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Please note that calls may be recorded by us for training and monitoring purposes.
18. Queries & Support
If you need further support in relation to your plan you can contact us at:
The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF
Call 0330 100 3728 (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm)
This non-insurance product is provided by:
The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited. Registered in the Isle of Man, company no. 094279C.
St George’s Courts, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE
Administered and operated by The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited (TWGSIOM), Company No. 94279C. Registered address: Third Floor, St George’s Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE.
Maintenance Inspection Checklist
- Check operation of instrument gauges and horn.
- Check operation of clutch (where applicable).
- Check operation of brake pedal.
- Check parking brake performance.
- Check operation of door locks.
- Check operation of central locking.
- Check operation of door windows (manual/electric).
- Check operation of air conditioning/ climate control system.
- Check multimedia/infotainment system (if applicable).
- Check audio equipment (if fitted).
- Check steering wheel mounted controls.
- Check built in, electrical supplies (USB, cigarette lighter etc).
- Check electric seats (if fitted).
- Check any other electrically operated factory fitted device.
- Check ancillary items, cruise control, Instrument panel
- Check operation of interior lights, exterior lighting equipment, respective control lights and cluster illumination; rear view mirror/sun visors; front and rear side lamps; head lamps; stop lamps; reflectors; number plate lamp; direction indicator lamps; hazard lamps; front and rear fog lamps.
- Check operation of wipers and washers.
- Check operation and condition of seat belts/mountings.
- Check security of seats mountings and head rests.
- Check condition of windscreen.
- Check operation and condition of sunroof mechanism (if applicable).
- Check engine mountings for security and condition
- Check operation of bonnet latch, safety catch and hinges.
- Check condition of road wheels for damage.
- Check condition of tyres for wear and damage.
- Check exhaust condition, including clamps, security, leaks and damage (where applicable).
- Check all items complete in tool kit.
- Check satisfactory starting, general performance and behaviour. Pay particular attention to the operation of clutch, transmission (where applicable), steering, suspension and brakes (including A.B.S.), listen for abnormal noises and after road test and perform a visual check for fluid leaks.
- Check fluid levels of brake, power steering, clutch, washer reservoir and battery (including security)
- Check engine levels, gear box levels manual/automatic (where applicable).
- Check engine for oil and water leaks and for excessive noise (where applicable).
- Check wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines for routing, damage, chafing and leaks (where applicable & visible).
- Check timing belt (where applicable) has been changed in line with the current manufacturer’s recommended intervals.
- Check steering operation and condition for leaks and security, tie rod ends, CV boots and rack boots condition.
- Check front and rear suspension condition.
- Check coolant system level and condition.
- Check condition of auxiliary drive belts and tension.
- Check catalytic converter and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).
All mechanical and electrical parts:
All mechanical and electrical parts are included for failure to perform their normal function on the vehicle other than as stated under “Excluded Parts” (Schedule 3), all mechanical and electrical parts are included for failure to perform their normal function on the vehicle together with;
Turbo (Factory fitted):
All Failures due to carbonisation are not covered including the Variable Nozzle Turbine (VNT) or Wastegate Actuator or any other part of the Turbo. Foreign object damage is not covered on any turbo claim.
Infotainment / Multimedia / Touchscreen Display Unit (Factory Fitted):
Up to a maximum of £500 (inclusive of VAT) per repair request.
Key Remote Fobs and Key Cards:
Up to a maximum of £100 (inclusive of VAT) per repair request.
Provided there is proof that the manufacturer’s replacement recommendations have been complied with and they are free from contamination.
Cylinder block, gearbox, transfer box, differentials, and axle if they have been damaged by a failure of one of the included parts.
In the event of a valid repair request we will pay up to £50 (including VAT) or one hour, whichever is lower value.
Any Failure of parts which have reached the end of their working lives because of age or mileage except as stated in Schedule 2 under Included Parts.
All bodywork, handles and hinges, interior / exterior trim, brightwork, paint, glass (including front and rear heated screens and elements), weatherstrips, rubber seals, sheet metal, sun roof guides, seats (including all internal electrical / mechanical components), carpets, seat belts and pretensioners, wiper arms/blades /washer jets, wheels and tyres, wheel alignment/tracking/balancing adjustments, rear spoilers and photo electric cells.
Parts subject to manufacturer’s servicing requirements or periodic repair including but not limited to spark plugs/glow plugs, electrical leads and all filters and any item or accessory not in the manufacturer’s original specifications.
On convertible vehicles the roof together with pumps, motor mechanisms and any retractable panel/mechanism are not included.
Working materials: Unless working materials and supplies required as a direct result of the failure of an included part.
Brakes: Brake discs, brake pads, brake linings/shoes.
Contaminated fuel: The clearing of fuel lines, filters and pumps/ injectors.
Electrics: Bulbs, LED, High Intensity Discharge (HID), lamps/lenses, fuses, wiring harness, wiring terminals and remaking of disturbed electrical connections (other than electrical failures of main headlight units). 12-volt batteries, lithium battery cells, fuses, wiring harnesses, wiring terminals and remaking of disturbed electrical connections (other than electrical failures of the main headlight units or electrical failures integral to the components of the EV system).
Miscellaneous items: Air conditioning recharging, ECU reflashes (unless deemed essential as part of a valid claim), upgrades, exhaust system, auxiliary drive belts, brackets, mountings, tappings, supports, fixings and fastening devices, fuel tank and fuel lines, rubber hoses, metal pipes or plastic pipes and unions, core plugs and air bags.
RAC Roadside and Recovery
From below this point 'we', 'us' and 'our' relate to RAC Motoring Services (RACMS).
Data protection statement
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Laws that apply from time to time, the data controller in relation to the personal data you and/or TWG Services Limited supplies to us is RAC Motoring Services (RACMS). This enables TWG Services Limited to provide you with a quotation, for you and us to enter into a contract for RAC Breakdown Cover, in making a request for service or benefit, and for administering the RAC Breakdown Cover.
RACMS (Registered No: 01424399) Registered Office is RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW. You can contact the Data Protection Officer for RACMS by emailing [email protected] or writing to the Data Protection Officer, RAC House, Great Park Road, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QN.
RACMS obtains your personal data from TWG Services Limited for the purposes set out below. RACMS also obtains your personal data when you contact us directly in relation to your RAC Breakdown Cover. Please be aware that we may record telephone calls for staff training and evidential purposes.
The categories of your personal data that we obtain about you are:
- policy number;
- vehicle registration number;
- vehicle manufacturer;
- vehicle model;
- DVLA date of vehicle first registration;
- contact details;
- vehicle location data; and
- in very limited circumstances, certain sensitive personal data, including information on health and wellbeing, that you provide us from time to time.
RACMS processes your personal data for the following purposes and its other legitimate interests in order to:
- provide you with a quote for cover;
- provide you with a contract for cover;
- fulfil your contract for cover;
- administer your RAC Breakdown Cover; and
- contact you to provide you with the services that form part of your RAC Breakdown Cover
In most cases, processing the above information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to produce a quotation at your request prior to entering into a contract. We may also process information to comply with a legal obligation, or where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, for example to reduce the risk of payment default and fraudulent abuse or to undertake research and statistical analysis.
RACMS may use your personal data to make automated decisions to calculate, evaluate or predict the performance of your RAC Breakdown Cover. If you have any concerns regarding the outcome of these checks, please let RACMS know.
Please note that, if you do not provide your personal data, we will be unable to provide you with the RAC Breakdown Cover you are requesting, as well as services related to administering your RAC Breakdown Cover.
RACMS will share the personal data you provide with its group companies†. RAC group companies (RACGC) will use this for administration and customer services. RACGC may disclose your personal data to our service providers and agents for these purposes.
RACGC retains your personal data for so long as is necessary for us to process your personal data for the purposes and legitimate interests set out above.
RACGC may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, for example to Asia. RACGC will only do this where it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and us, or that RACGC enter into at your request, in your interest. In the event that RACGC transfers your personal data outside of the European Economic Area for any other reason, it shall ensure that appropriate and approved data transfer clauses or certification mechanisms are in place with the relevant recipient of your personal data.
When you give us personal information about another person, you confirm that they have authorised you to act for them, that you have their consent to act on their behalf (for example, under a power of attorney) and use of their personal data in the manner described in this notice and to receive on their behalf any data protection notice.
RACGC or our agents may undertake checks against publicly available information (such as electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossessions). Similar checks may be made in assessing any claims made. RACGC may monitor and record any communications with you including telephone conversations and emails for quality assurance and compliance reasons.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information that you can choose to exercise at any time. This includes your right to:
- access information we process about you to obtain a copy of the data as well as receive supplementary information;
- object to us using particular information or using it in a particular way. You can let us know that you object to it and we will consider whether your request can be granted;
- rectify inaccurate information, which in most cases you can do this by getting in touch with TWG Services Limited;
- erase your data if we no longer have a legitimate basis for processing it;
- port data to another data controller or to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
We have provided a basic overview of those rights above, but if you would like to find out more or exercise any of these rights you can contact the RAC Data Protection Officer on the contact details shown at the top of this privacy notice.
In addition to the rights set out above you have the right to raise a privacy complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO will usually require you to have approached RACMS first to try to resolve the matter.
† If you would like a list of all RAC group companies, please write to or email the Data Protection Officer.
RAC services and what to do
How to Obtain Assistance
If your vehicle has a Breakdown, please follow these simple steps:
Telephone us on the following number: 0800 246 808
For our joint protection telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored
i) quote the Scheme code indicated on the Enrolment Form. CAZ1
ii) Advise the operator of the location of the Vehicle, the nature of any fault, and provide any other information requested by the operator; and
iii) the number of the phone you are using
Please ring us back (on the free number) if you get going before the Patrol arrives.
Only accept help from the Patrol or contractor that has been sent to assist you by RAC.
Don’t go directly to a garage (even an RAC appointed one); RAC are not obliged to reimburse you if you have had to pay for help which was not arranged by RAC.
Recovery service can only be arranged by RAC.
Please ensure these terms are kept with the vehicle, should any incident occur.
Please do not go ahead and make your own arrangements, as we cannot arrange reimbursement of costs incurred without prior authorisation.
Roadside is available for the driver of the Vehicle. Roadside operates in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
If you are stranded on a public highway (or other accessible road or area to which the public has the right of access) because the Vehicle has a Breakdown, We will arrange for a Contractor to assist you who will try to repair the Vehicle at the roadside.
Roadside includes labour at the scene of the Breakdown but not labour at any garage to which the Vehicle is taken. If the Vehicle cannot be repaired at the roadside, or if repairs are unwise, we will arrange for the Vehicle and up to 8 people to be taken to a destination of your choice within ten miles. If you have no preferred destination, we will arrange for the Vehicle to be taken to a nearby garage. If you wish the Vehicle to be taken to any other destination we will use reasonable endeavours to assist if you pay for the towage costs for the whole distance.
If you cannot readily get to the Vehicle, We will arrange, if practicable, to have it towed to a place of safety and stored until you can collect it.
Please note: We will not arrange to tow or transport any Vehicle, which, in our reasonable opinion, is loaded beyond its legal limit.
If the Vehicle is in a position where we cannot arrange for work to be undertaken on it or tow it, or wheels have been removed, we can arrange to rectify this but you will have to pay the costs involved.
Roadside does not cover:
- Routine servicing of Your Vehicle.
- The cost of parts, fuel or other supplies.
- Replacing tyres or windows.
- Missing or broken keys. We will try to arrange the services of a locksmith if you pay them direct.
- The cost of ferry crossings, road tolls and congestion charges.
- Vehicles being demonstrated or delivered by motor traders, or used under trade plates
- Vehicles within 1/4 mile of Your Home or where you normally keep the Vehicle.
- Contaminated fuel. However, We will arrange for the Vehicle to be taken to a local garage for you to arrange and pay for any work carried out.
- Any Vehicle storage charges before, during or after any assistance provided by us.
- Assistance following an accident, fire, theft or vandalism or other incident normally covered by a motor insurance policy. We can arrange assistance if you pay for the cost of assistance. (You may be able to recover these costs under the terms of your motor insurance policy).
- If there are animals in the Vehicle, their onward transportation is at our sole discretion and is carried out solely at your risk. We will not insure any animal or livestock in transit, during any onward transportation.
Recovery has the same features and limitations as Roadside but with the following variations:
Recovery operates only in the United Kingdom.
If we cannot arrange for the Vehicle to be repaired locally within a reasonable time, we will arrange for the Vehicle and up to 8 people to be taken home or to any other single address. If there are more than 5 people this may require two separate Vehicles. An adult must accompany any persons under the age of 16.
Recovery does not cover: Use of the services having the object or effect of avoiding repair costs. For example if a Vehicle can be repaired in a reasonable time we may not arrange recovery but arrange for repair instead.
Recovery, which is required because we have previously arranged a temporary repair, which has not subsequently been properly repaired by you.
At Home has the same features and limitations as Roadside but with the following variations:
At Home is only available in the United Kingdom.
At Home allows you to use Roadside services within 1⁄4 mile of Home or the place where you normally keep the Vehicle.
At Home does not cover:
Rectifying failed repairs attempted by you or someone on your behalf.
If we cannot arrange for Your Vehicle to be repaired locally within a reasonable time, we will arrange one of the following:
Overnight accommodation for you and Your Party up to a maximum of £300 in total. This does not include the cost of providing meals and drinks.
Or a refund of the cost of public transport for the driver, and up to four passengers to reach the end of their journey, subject to a maximum of £300.
Roadside, Recovery and At Home cover United Kingdom registered Vehicles only.
We cannot procure services for Your Vehicle if it is unattended.
We do not guarantee to procure services in whole, or in part, if we or Our Contractors are prevented from doing so due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right for us and Our Contractors to refuse to give service if anyone in Your Party behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff or Contractors.
Your telephone calls to and from us and Our Contractors may be monitored and recorded for the purposes of staff training and quality assessment. This complies with Oftel regulations.
If the service you require is not included within Roadside, Recovery and At Home, We will try, if you wish, to arrange it at your expense. The terms of, and any payment for, any such service are a matter for you and the supplier and we will not act as an agent for you or the supplier.
Vehicles, which have broken down as a result of taking part in a motor sport event, which takes place off the road and/or is not subject to the normal rules of the road, are not covered.
Vehicle specifications: Assistance is available to you when you are travelling in a car, motorised caravan, van, minibus or motorcycle that complies with the restrictions set out below:
Maximum Vehicle weight: 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes) Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) Maximum car length: no restriction.
Maximum Vehicle length: 5.5 metres (18ft) including any tow bar. Maximum Vehicle width: 2.3 metres (7ft 6in).
Caravans and trailers: The above specifications will also apply to the caravan or trailer except the length, which must not exceed the following: Maximum caravan or trailer length 7.0 metres (25ft) including tow bar. If the Vehicle should breakdown whilst towing a caravan or trailer we will arrange for recovery of Your Vehicle together with the caravan or trailer.
However, if your caravan or trailer breaks down in a way that means it cannot be repaired, we will be unable to arrange recovery of your caravan or trailer unless it can be recovered at the same time as Your Vehicle. If you require the broken down caravan or trailer to be recovered separately we can arrange for this service but you will be responsible for any costs incurred. We would recommend that you always carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel appropriate to Your Vehicle, caravan or trailer.
The Warranty Group, trading as RAC Warranty, has in place a policy with RAC to cover the services described in this document (to the extent that RAC has agreed to provide such services under a policy between the Dealer and RAC). You do not have any rights under the policy between the Dealer and RAC and nothing in this document gives you any rights against RAC.
Caring for Our Customers
Dealer and RAC (who we use to provide the service) are committed to providing an exceptional level of service and customer care. However, things can go wrong and there may be occasions when You feel that you have not received the service you expect. When this happens, you should contact RAC at the following address so that RAC can try and put things right for you:
Customer Care, RAC House, PO Box 200, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, West Midlands, WS5 4QZ
An acknowledgment that your complaint has been received will be sent to you within 5 working days following which your complaint will be investigated in accordance with RAC’s internal complaints handling procedures. A copy of these procedures can be obtained by writing to RAC at the above address and a copy will be sent to you automatically if you make a complaint.
†0870 calls charged at national rate. Calls from mobiles are charged at network operator’s premium rate. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.
Below are certain words that have a specific meaning and wherever these words appear they have the following meaning:
“Application Form” means the application form attached to the customer booklet.
“Breakdown” means any unforeseen mechanical or electrical failure during the Period of Cover in the UK which has either immobilised the Vehicle or made it unsafe to drive.
“Contractor” means any person, including RAC, who we use to provide the services described in this document.
“Breakdown Start Date” means the first day of the Period of Cover indicated on the Application Form.
“Dealer” means the dealer specified on the Application Form.
“Details” means your name and Vehicle registration number, make and model.
“Home” means the address where you live in the United Kingdom.
“The Party/Your Party” means the persons travelling in the Vehicle.
“Period of Cover” means the period during which Your Vehicle has breakdown cover which commences on the Breakdown Start Date and continues for the duration indicated on the Application Form.
“RAC” means RAC Motoring Services and/or RAC Insurance Limited.
“Resident of the United Kingdom” means a person living permanently in the United Kingdom or a person employed by a company having its registered office in the United Kingdom.
“Specialist Equipment” is equipment in our view not carried by RAC patrols or RAC contractors.
“United Kingdom” means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
“Vehicle” means the vehicle whose Details have been provided by us.
“We/Our/Us” means Dealer and/or any third party acting on our behalf.
“You/Your” means the owner of the Vehicle and any other person driving the Vehicle with the owner’s consent.