Tax & insurance FAQs

Find out everything you need to know about taxing and insuring your Cazoo car, including how to set up your free 7-Day Driveaway Insurance from Tempcover.

Popular questions about tax & insurance

We provide free 7-Day Driveaway Insurance from Tempcover which you’ll need to activate before we hand over your car. Or you can arrange your own insurance coverage instead. After the 7 days, you'll need to arrange your own insurance cover.

If you enter into a finance agreement, the finance provider may specify the level of insurance required, please refer to your finance agreement terms and conditions for further information.

Our free 7-Day Driveaway Insurance from Tempcover is a single user fully comprehensive policy that will cover you if your Cazoo car is lost, damaged or stolen during the first 7 days. If you do need to make a claim, there will be a £500 excess to pay. This excess is increased to £750 for all drivers aged 21 and under. To find out more, read a summary of the cover provided.

You can apply for the 7-Day Driveaway Insurance if you’re aged 18 or over. If you’re aged 75 or over, you won’t be able to benefit from the 7-Day Driveaway Insurance and will need to arrange your own cover.

You can apply for the 7-Day Driveaway Insurance if you have a UK, NI or EU full driving licence.

Tempcover won’t approve an application with a provisional driving licence.

To tax your car you'll need to have your licence registration and 12-digit V5 number to hand. Both can be found in your order confirmation email.

You can tax your car by registering at the DVLA.

Click ‘Start now’ and then you’ll need to select the third option - ‘V5C/2 new keeper supplement (green slip), which is just a couple of clicks after you’ve entered your details.

You’ll need to buy road tax via the DVLA. We’ll send you an email to remind you to tax your car before your delivery or collection date.

Find your next car

Search now