5th April 2021
Terms and Conditions
Promoter: Cazoo Limited of 41 Chalton Street, London, NW1 1JD, United Kingdom (Registered company number 11624245) (“Cazoo”).
This Competition is open to any person aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom at the time of entry.
Employees of Everton and Cazoo (or any affiliates, subsidiaries, commercial partners, advertising or promotion agencies) are not eligible to enter, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. How to enter
(i) Entry via the official Everton Twitter Page
In order to be eligible to win each Competition, you must:
1. Comment on the original competition post from @Everton;
- Screenshot of the football when it hits the holes of the wheel in the car
- Use #CazooMatchdayChallenge
Only one entry per person is permitted per competition. Multiple entries will not be counted and will not increase your chances of winning.
Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Cazoo is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Cazoo reserves the right to disqualify anyone who it believes violated these Terms and Conditions.
3. Competition period The Competition Period will be as follows:
There shall be one Competition from 3.00pm on the 19th May 2021 until 6.00pm on the 19th May 2021.
4. Use of your entry Your personal data will be used by Cazoo and / or its agents (which include Cazoo Limited) and Everton only for the operation of this Competition. Cazoo won’t use your personal data for marketing, unless you have otherwise opted in for marketing from Cazoo. If you are a winner of the Competition you agree that Everton and Cazoo may use your name and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this Competition. You can find out more about how Cazoo uses your personal data at https://www.cazoo.co.uk/privacy-policy/.
5. Prizes There will be two Prizes for this Competition:
- 2 x Signed Everton football shirts
Prizes are as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Everton and Cazoo reserve the right to substitute any Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value.
Prizes might be considered as a taxable benefit to the winner. The winner will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact [email protected] for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
6. Selection of the winners All valid entries will be submitted as per the rules in the “How To Enter” section.
There will be two winners in this Competition.
The winners will be randomly selected from all of the valid entries via Twitter.
The winners will be notified (which may be via a public announcement on social media or other relevant channels no later than 3 days after the relevant competition has ended and asked to message Cazoo with further contact details (if necessary). If a potential winner of a Prize has not confirmed receipt of the notification after 7 days of the Competition closing time, or is not eligible to enter the Competition or receive the Prize (for any reason), Cazoo reserves the right to either (i) select an alternative winner on the same basis as described above (who will be given a reasonable deadline to respond); or (ii) not award the Prize.
The winner may be asked to provide identification and proof of address proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the Prize. Winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
Unless otherwise agreed, the Prize will be delivered to the winner by post.
Accepting the Prize constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Notwithstanding this, if a winner does not confirm agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions, Cazoo reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and select an alternative winner on the same basis as described above.
7. Winner list The winner must provide, and consents to his/her surname and county of residence being made publicly available upon request. Each Winners’ name will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of the winner by written request to [email protected].
8. Other No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Cazoo’s decision shall be final. Cazoo reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this Competition at any time but only before the delivery of any prize, without notice.
Participants in this Competition agree that Cazoo will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this Competition. Nothing in this clause shall limit Cazoo’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Cazoo’s fraud. Nothing in these terms affects any entrant’s or winner’s statutory rights.
Cazoo cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
Insofar as is permitted by law, Cazoo, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Everton, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
9. Spirit of the Competition If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Competition by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud, we may, in our absolute discretion, disqualify that entrant’s entry to this Competition and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future promotions, so please play fairly.