1.1 Cazoo Ltd ("Cazoo”, “we", “us" or “our") operates www.cazoo.co.uk (the “Site"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11624245 and have our registered office at 41 Chalton Street, London, NW1 1JD.
1.2 You are the customer ("you" or “your") who places a booking to sell your car on the Site.
2 Your Booking
2.1 The details of your sale are set out in your booking, confirmed on the Site (your "Booking"), including your personal details as the seller, the make, model, registration, valuation price, pick up or drop off time and location for the car that you are selling to us (the “Car").
2.2 You may only place a Booking if you are selling the Car to us as a consumer. If we suspect you are selling the Car to us in a business capacity, then we may cancel your Booking.
2.3 A contract (comprising your Booking and these terms and conditions ("Terms")) is formed between you and us when you complete a booking on the Site and we accept your Booking (the “Contract”).
2.4 If we accept your Booking, we will send you an email confirmation of your Booking. Acceptance is subject to our inspection of your Car and the completion of our car history checks.
2.5 Members of our team have the right to work in a safe and respectful environment. If we consider that you are behaving in a manner that is abusive, threatening, offensive or disrespectful to any of our staff, we may terminate the Contract immediately.
2.6 If there is any conflict, inconsistency, or ambiguity between your Booking and these Terms, your Booking will take precedence.
2.7 We may change these Terms by updating the version available on the Site (for example, for legal, economic, or other business reasons).
3 Sell your Car
3.1 If you wish to sell your Car without buying a car from us, you can do this using the Sell Car tool on our Site. If you wish to part-exchange your Car, then our purchase terms and conditions apply instead.
3.2 To sell your Car to us, you must:
- 3.2.1 be the registered keeper of the Car for at least 6 months;
- 3.2.2 provide any information and documents about the Car to us when we reasonably request them;
- 3.2.3 have at least 2 weeks of valid MOT left on your Car from the date of your Booking;
- 3.2.4 ensure that the Car is not subject to any third-party rights (for example, outstanding car finance, joint ownership, or other loans secured against the Car); and
- 3.2.5 be selling the Car as a consumer only (and not in any business capacity).
3.3 If you select “drop off”, you will deliver the Car to the Cazoo Customer Centre specified in your Booking. If you select “pickup”, we will pick up your Car from the address specified in your Booking at the time given in your Booking.
4.1 We provide an instant valuation of your Car using the online valuation service on our Site (the “Online Valuation”).
4.2 You may use the Online Valuation service for personal, non-commercial purposes only. The Online Valuation is an estimate only, made using information you provide to us that we do not verify. You must not rely on the Online Valuation to make any financial or other decision.
4.3 Each Online Valuation is valid for 7 days after the date of issue and will expire at 23:59 on the 7th day. If an Online Valuation expires and you still want to sell your Car to us, you must get a new Online Valuation on our Site.
4.4 You can offer to sell your Car to us at the price set out in a valid Online Valuation. To do this, you must let us inspect the Car at Pickup or Drop Off (as applicable).
4.5 We are not required to buy the Car from you, and any adjustment we make to the Online Valuation following inspection, is solely at our discretion. We will confirm the final purchase price to you after inspection (the “Final Valuation”).
4.6 On inspection we may change any Online Valuation, or reject the Car, for any reason, including where:
- 4.6.1 the Car does not match the description (whether as to specification or condition) you gave; or
- 4.6.2 there is a discrepancy in the recorded mileage, legal registration, or chassis number of the Car; or
- 4.6.3 the Car has been in a major accident or is categorised as insurance category A, B, N or S, or has been subject to a total loss claim; or
- 4.6.4 we identify any other issue in a car history check on the Car; or
- 4.6.5 you do not have the right to sell the car (for example, because you are not the registered keeper); or
- 4.6.6 the Car’s V5 registration document is missing, incomplete or not in your name; or
- 4.6.7 the Car is subject to any third-party rights (for example, because it has a finance marker on it at the point of Pickup or Drop Off); or
- 4.6.8 the Car is an imported vehicle or was not first registered in the UK; or
- 4.6.9 the Car has been used for taxi, private hire, chauffeur, or rental purposes, driving tuition or as a police vehicle or used by a local authority; or
- 4.6.10 the Car does not have a valid MOT (which is valid for at least 14 days after the date of your Booking) or is due for a service in the next 100 miles; or
- 4.6.11 the Car’s tyres are not road legal; or
- 4.6.12 the Car has any mechanical or electrical fault (including problems with steering, transmission, clutch, gearbox, suspension, or brakes).
4.7 Cazoo's decision is final on whether mileage is materially different from that provided in your Booking. Any mileage difference greater than 1,000 miles is automatically deemed materially different for this purpose.
This section 5 applies only if you choose to have your Car picked up by us.
5.1 We offer pickup from any UK postcode but reserve the right not to collect from certain postcodes including in the Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, other remote parts of Scotland, the Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, and Northern Ireland.
5.2 Pickup of the Car will take place on the date and time set out in your Booking ("Pickup") unless we tell you otherwise.
5.3 Pickup costs £50. We will deduct this amount from the Final Valuation.
5.4 Only you are eligible to hand over the Car. We won’t pick up the Car from anyone else.
5.5 We will only pick up the Car from your home address (as specified in your Booking), which must match the address on your identification documentation and the V5 logbook.
5.6 Our vehicle transporters are roughly 3.5m high, 9.7m long and 2.8m wide. We need access to your address to pick up the Car. If we can’t gain access, we may offer an alternative method of Pickup (for example, by driving the Car from your address), but we aren’t required to do so.
5.7 At Pickup, you must show your V5 registration document along with your photographic UK driving licence or, if you do not have a photographic UK driving licence, your passport plus any other identification documentation we request (for example a utility bill detailing your address) to the Cazoo Delivery Specialist to verify your identity. We may refuse to pick up the Car if you don’t provide this identification when we ask.
5.8 If you need to rearrange a Pickup, you must contact Cazoo Customer Support by phone on 020 3901 3488.
5.9 At Pickup, you must confirm handover of the Car to the Cazoo Delivery Specialist. You must sign our receipt (or provide any other confirmation we may require) to confirm that we have picked up the Car and that you agree with any issues we identify with the Car on our inspection at Pickup.
6 Drop Off
This section 6 applies only if you choose to drop off the Car at a Cazoo Customer Centre.
6.1 We offer drop off at a Cazoo Customer Centre of your choice (subject to availability).
6.2 Drop off will take place on the date and time set out in your Booking (“Drop Off”) unless we tell you otherwise.
6.3 Only you are eligible to drop off the Car.
6.4 Your Car will only be available to Drop Off at the Cazoo Customer Centre specified in your Booking.
6.5 When you drop off the Car, you must show your V5 registration document along with your photographic UK driving licence or your passport to the Cazoo Customer Centre Specialist to verify your identity and a utility bill in your name to verify your address (plus any other identification documentation we request). The address on your V5 registration document must match the address on your identification documents. We may refuse to allow you to drop off the Car if you don’t provide this identification when we ask.
6.6 If you cannot make your scheduled Drop Off time, you must contact Cazoo Customer Support by phone on 020 3901 3488.
6.7 At Drop Off, you must confirm handover of the Car to the Cazoo Customer Centre Specialist. You must sign our receipt (or provide any other confirmation we may require) to confirm that you have dropped off the Car and that you agree with any issues we identify with the Car on our inspection at Drop Off.
7.1 When you hand over the Car to us, you must give us:
- 7.1.1 all sets of keys to the Car;
- 7.1.2 the valid V5 registration documentation (which must be red) and, as applicable, any associated documentation (including any service books, and MOT certificates) for the Car; and
- 7.1.3 any extras that a new owner might need (for example, the locking wheel nut for the alloy wheels and any security codes associated with the Car).
If you don’t provide these items, we can’t buy the Car from you.
7.2 You authorise us to transfer the Car’s registered keeper from you to Cazoo (or any other person we nominate) using the Car’s V5 documentation.
7.3 Title to the Car transfers to us on Pickup or Drop Off (as applicable). After this time, you no longer own the Car and we will not be able to return the Car to you.
7.4 Until Pickup or Drop Off happens, you are responsible for registering and paying for all vehicle tax and for all charges, fines, tolls, civil penalties and similar costs relating to the Car (including charges and civil penalties relating to parking, fines and fixed penalties for motoring offences, clamping release fees, towing fees, impound charges, toll road charges and penalties, congestion charges and other environmental charges) and any taxes or court costs related to them (together “Fines”). You must pay any Fines incurred before Pickup or Drop Off promptly.
7.5 You agree to reimburse us in full and on request for any costs we incur in processing or disputing any Fines relating to the period before Pickup or Drop Off. We may charge you an administration fee of £20 for each Fine we process relating to the period before Pickup or Drop Off (as applicable). We may withhold an amount for any Fines or related administration fees from the amount we pay you for the Car.
8.1 We will send you an email after we inspect the Car (usually at Pickup or Drop Off) to confirm the Final Valuation and confirmation that we will process payment to you.
8.2 After Pickup or Drop Off has happened, we will process payment for the Car. Payment will be made via bank transfer and will usually be processed within 2 hours, but we do not guarantee that payment will be processed on the same day as Pickup or Drop Off.
8.3 If you select Pickup (or if you have rearranged Pickup or Drop Off less than 24 hours before the scheduled time), we will deduct the relevant fees from your Final Valuation before we pay you.
8.4 The Final Valuation includes VAT (where applicable) at the current rate chargeable in the United Kingdom on the date of sale.
8.5 From time to time, we might offer Pickup and other services at a reduced rate as part of a promotion. Any promotion is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at our discretion. For example, a promotion offering ‘Free Next Day Pickup’ is only valid whilst we have the capacity to offer next day Pickup. You will be able to see the next available Pickup date on each product page on our Site.
9.1 We use a tool provided by TrueLayer Limited (www.truelayer.com) (“TrueLayer”) that allows you to send information on your payment accounts to us and other service providers.
9.2 In order to sell your car to us, you will be asked to agree to the TrueLayer Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”) and you will be redirected to your bank by TrueLayer in order to authenticate yourself. The Terms of Service set out the terms on which you agree to TrueLayer accessing information on your payment accounts for the purposes of transmitting that information to us.
9.3 We also use TrueLayer to initiate payments from your payment account. When you instruct a payment via our Site using TrueLayer, the Terms of Service will apply to the payment initiation. The Terms of Service set out the terms on which you agree to TrueLayer initiating payment from your payment account.
9.5 TrueLayer is authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (the FCA) under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 to provide account information services and payment initiation services. Truelayer is also regulated by the FCA and is authorised under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Firm Reference Number: 901096).
10 Your cancellation rights
10.2 Once Pickup or Drop Off has happened, you cannot cancel your Booking.
10.3 This section 10 is not a full description of your legal rights. You can find out more about your rights from Trading Standards or Citizens Advice.
11 Limitation of liability
11.1 Nothing in the Contract restricts our liability to you for:
- 11.1.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 11.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- 11.1.3 any other liability that cannot be restricted by law.
11.2 Nothing in the Contract affects your statutory rights.
11.3 Except as set out in section 11.1 and section 11.2:
- 11.3.1 all implied terms, conditions, representations and warranties are excluded from the Contract to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- 11.3.2 we are not responsible to you for any loss or damage caused by us that is not foreseeable. We are only responsible for loss or damage that you suffer that is a reasonably foreseeable result of our failure to comply with the Contract or our failure to use reasonable care and skill;
- 11.3.3 we are not liable to you for any business losses. Our car buying service is for private use by consumers only. If you use our service (including the online valuation service) for any commercial or business purpose, we will have no liability to you for loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity or contracts, or loss of goodwill;
- 11.3.4 we are not liable to you for any loss of, or damage to, data; and
- 11.3.5 our total liability to you under or in connection with the Contract (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, for breach of any duty, or otherwise) is limited an amount equal to the lower of: (i) the Online Valuation; or (ii) the Final Valuation.
12 Events Outside Our Control
12.1 We are not in breach of the Contract, and have no liability to you, if we cannot perform any obligation under the Contract because of any event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example, fire, flood, strike, riot, disease, pandemic, accident, disruption to utility suppliers or networks and systems, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, bad weather, acts or omissions of third parties, and road traffic problems) (each an "Event Outside Our Control").
12.2 If an Event Outside Our Control happens and it affects our performance of our obligations:
- 12.2.1 we will let you know as soon as we reasonably can;
- 12.2.2 our time to perform the affected obligations is extended for as long as the Event Outside Our Control continues; and
- 12.2.3 we will rearrange any affected Pickup or Drop Off dates after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
13 Personal Data
If you have a complaint about us, you can contact us as follows:
by post: Cazoo Ltd, Imperial House, Botleigh Grange Campus, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 2AF;
by phone: 020 3901 3488; or
by email: [email protected].
We aim to respond within 48 hours.
15.1.1 We may send any notice to you by:
a. email to the email address you provided in your Booking; or
b. post to the latest address we hold for you.
15.1.2 You must send any notice to us by:
a. email to [email protected]; or
b. post to: Cazoo Customer Support, Imperial House, Botleigh Grange Campus, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2AF.
15.1.3 Any notice we send is deemed received:
a. if sent by email, on transmission; or
b. if sent by post, on the second working day after posting.
15.2 Assignment. We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Contract to another organisation (but this won’t affect your rights or obligations). You may not transfer your rights or obligations under the Contract to any other person.
15.3 Entire agreement. The Contract is the entire agreement between you and us relating to its subject matter and supersedes anything previously passing between you and us relevant to that subject matter.
15.4 Representations. You confirm that, in entering the Contract, you have not relied on anything that is not set out in writing in the Contract.
15.5 Waiver. If we delay or fail to exercise any of our rights and remedies under the law or this Contract, that delay or failure doesn’t constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any of our rights or remedies restricts our ability to further exercise that or any other right or remedy.
15.6 Severability. If any of the terms of the Contract is or becomes illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the affected term is deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable. If that modification isn’t possible, then the affected term is deemed deleted. This does not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
15.7 Third party rights. A person who is not a party to the Contract has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of its terms.
15.8 Governing law and jurisdiction. The Contract is governed by English law. This means that any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with the Contract (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. You may bring legal proceedings in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you may bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you may bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.