Big savings on used cars! Up to £800 off selected models. Shop deals

Browse all articles

What do I need to sell or part exchange my car?

• Updated

You'll need:

  • A valid red V5C that matches your name, address and the number plates (this needs to be the most up-to-date version)

  • A valid photo driving licence or your passport as proof of identity 

  • Proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement (if you’re dropping your car off) 

  • Evidence of your car’s service history

  • At least one car key

  • Any accessories or parts that came with the car such as:

    • Locking wheel nut key

    • Parcel shelf/Cover

    • SD Card

    • Spare seats

    • Spare keys

    • Spare wheels

    • Tyre inflator kit

If you’re missing any service history, let us know during the online valuation. You also need to be the owner (registered keeper) of the car you want to sell or part exchange.

If you have a blue V5C, you’ll need to swap it for a red one before handing over your car. You can do this for free by sending the original blue V5C to the DVLA or by calling them on 0300 790 6802. It may take up to two weeks for the new V5C to be sent to you so please allow enough time to receive it otherwise we may need to postpone your car handover date.

Value your car